- Log in to MyNIU’s Student Center via NIU app or myniu.niu.edu.
- Click on the Financial Aid Tile.
- Select the current year to view/accept/decline awards. You also have the option to adjust the award amounts.
For example: Lets say you are offered a loan, and you need the loan, but not as much as is listed on the award letter. You simply adjust the amount of the loan and then accept. Or, you can decline the offer if you don't need the loan.
- Choose "Accept/Decline" in the menu, then click on the "Accept/Decline Awards" button above the listed awards. Note: Grants and Scholarships are automatically accepted for you.
- For each award, choose your award decision. When you are finished, click on the green "Submit" button, then answer "Yes" to submit the award decisions.
- To view your updated account balance, click on the red "Student Homepage" button, then "Financial Account" to see the updated pending financial aid in the Account Balance.